Blackout curtains are mainly used to block the sun. Generally speaking, if the requirements are not high, thicker curtains can solve the problem of shading. Of course, if you have high requirements for shading, you can choose special shading curtains. Blackout curtains generally add a layer of black adhesive behind the curtain cloth to absorb ultraviolet rays and block light to achieve a shading effect.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of blackout curtains
1. Good shading effect. The main advantage of blackout curtains is that they have good shading effect. There are many materials for blackout curtains. The blackout curtains sold on the market can block 80% of the ultraviolet radiation, so blackout curtains are widely used in homes.
2. Thermal insulation. Blackout curtains can block the heat radiation of the outside sun, so it has a good heat insulation effect, and is often used during decoration, especially in summer, it can isolate the hot sun from the outside, and you will not feel the heat indoors.
3. Decorative. Blackout curtains also have a strong decorative effect. Like curtains of other materials, they have rich patterns and can well decorate families. And blackout curtains are widely used, and can be seen in homes, hotels, office places and other occasions.
Blackout curtains have advantages and disadvantages. Because the additional coating on the surface of the chemical blackout curtains in the blackout curtains uses glue, the curtains have some pungent odors, and there may be excessive toluene, which affects people's lives.
How to choose blackout curtains How to choose blackout curtains
How to choose blackout curtains
1. The size of blackout curtains
The size of blackout curtains should be determined according to the size of the windows. The curtains must cover the windows to achieve the blackout effect. Usually, floor-to-ceiling curtains can be selected for floor-to-ceiling windows and long-frame windows. For windows with sills higher than the floor, floor-to-ceiling curtains or window-sill curtains can be used.
2. The choice of blackout curtain fabric
There are many curtain fabrics, such as cotton, yarn, satin, man-made fibers, etc., and the more suitable fabrics for blackout curtains are flocking curtains and satin curtains. This kind of curtain has a thick texture, luxurious, shading and sound insulation. The effect is good.
3. The choice of blackout curtain color
Generally, it is best to choose warm-toned curtains in the living room to set off a warm and warm atmosphere; while in the bedroom, you can choose warm and softer colors, which can give people a more romantic feeling; in the study room, you can choose fresh green curtains , To create a natural, quiet and secluded atmosphere.
The above content introduces the question of how to choose blackout curtains. When purchasing, it depends on whether the family has high requirements for curtains. For example, if the requirements are general, you can buy ordinary blackout cloth curtains, or you can choose more high-end curtains and shading. You can choose curtains with strong effects according to your specific needs. How to choose blackout curtains? The specific method of purchasing requires a detailed understanding of the curtain fabric, curtain color and style.