First of all, a prerequisite for distinguishing the warp and weft direction of the fabric is that the fabric is a woven fabric, which is a fabric made of two or more sets of mutually perpendicular yarns interlaced with warp and weft at a 90 degree angle. Only woven fabrics have warp and weft directions. If the fabric you get has a selvedge, it is very simple. The direction parallel to the selvedge is the warp direction, and the direction perpendicular to the selvedge is the weft direction.
The following points of experience are summarized in the thick cloth edge of woven warp suede. Through the following points, the warp and weft direction of woven fabric can be correctly distinguished!
1. If the yarn twisting of the single yarn fabric is different, the Z twist direction is the warp direction, and the S twist direction is the weft direction.
2. If the warp and weft yarn characteristics, twist direction and twist of the fabric are not much different, the yarn with uniform evenness and better gloss is warp direction.
3. If the twists of the finished yarns of the fabric are different, the warp direction is the majority with the larger twist, and the weft direction is the smaller the twist.
4. For towel fabrics, the yarn direction of the pile loop is warp direction, and the direction of the yarn without pile loop is weft direction.
5. If the identified fabric has a selvedge, the direction of the yarn parallel to the selvedge is the warp direction, and the other is the weft direction.
6. The sizing is the direction of the warp yarns, and the non-sizing is the direction of the weft yarns.
7. Generally, the one with higher density is warp direction, and the side with lower density is weft direction, except for corduroy fabrics, which are double-weft fabrics, and the weft density is greater than the warp density.
8. For fabrics with obvious reed marks, the direction of the reed marks is the warp direction.
9. For half-thread fabrics, usually the strand direction is the warp direction, and the single yarn direction is the weft direction.
10. For sliver fabrics, the sliver direction is usually in the warp direction.
11. If the fabric has a system of yarns with many different characteristics, this direction is warp direction.
12. For leno fabrics, the direction of twisted yarn is warp direction, and the direction of untwisted yarn is weft direction.
13. In the interwoven fabrics of different raw materials, generally cotton wool or cotton and linen interwoven fabrics, cotton is warp yarn; in wool-silk interwoven fabrics, silk is warp yarn; in wool-silk interlaced fabrics, silk and cotton are warp yarns; natural silk and spun silk In the silk interwoven fabric, the natural thread is the warp yarn; in the natural silk and rayon interwoven fabric, the natural silk is the warp yarn. Due to the wide range of uses and varieties of fabrics, the continuous advancement of weaving technology, the requirements for fabric raw materials and organizational structure are also diverse, so the judgment should be based on the specific conditions of the fabric.